just read this on Disney parks blog....
A Disneyland park favorite will close its doors this week, but only until summer, when Carnation Cafe will re-open with more seating (adding the indoor seating that disappeared in the 1990s) and a spruced-up menu.
And no worries, if you're looking for cast member favorite Oscar Martinez, you'll find him over at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe opening this month, but only until Carnation Cafe re-opens. Then you'll find Oscar back at Carnation Cafe.
When Carnation Cafe re-opens, look for breakfast, lunch and dinner favorites, along with new dishes and some Walt Disney favorites. :-)
This was also included... :-)
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
1 pound bacon, roughly chopped 1 medium yellow onion diced, 1 large carrot peeled and diced 3/4 cup diced celery 4 large Russet potatoes peeled and diced 4 medium red potatoes diced 1/4 cup flour 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock, Coarse salt, freshly ground pepper, to taste 4 cups heavy whipping cream Optional garnishes: chopped chives, bacon bits, sour cream, shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
1. In a 6- to 8-quart stockpot over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp.
2. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving half for garnish. In bacon fat, cook onions, carrots, and celery until the onions are translucent. Add potatoes and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Whisk in flour and stir constantly over low heat until the flour is cooked and the mixture has thickened slightly, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken stock and half of the bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Over medium-high heat, bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Mash some of the potatoes for thicker, creamier texture. Add whipping cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Adjust thickness by adding water or stock. Soup should have a creamy consistency.
6. Season to taste and garnish with toppings.
Cooks’ notes: Soak diced potatoes in cold water until ready to use to keep them from turning brown. To make bacon easier to chop, lightly freeze.
Carnation Café Closes Thursday for Renovations at Disneyland Park by Pam Brandon: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog... :-) - disneymomma1
320.5 #523 9:15AM
Do you have a recipe for churros?....;) - CVDisneyland 256.9 #938 9:19AM
Omg mouth is watering and stomach is growling! - PrincessTianaCM 213.1 #1449 10:06AM
Do you think I could use corn starch instead of flour? - sewgirl 340.5 #431 8:06PM
I've found a lot of recipes on there. I make the Pumpkin muffins all year long :) - 415beachgirl 469.0 #261 8:18PM
You can use corn starch instead of the flour, BUT you can't cook it in a rue like it does in the above recipe, and that will change the taste a bit. Also, the amount of corn starch to use will be different than the flour. Google and see what you can find on substituting the one for the other. - ThatKimberly 335.2 #452 8:22PM
Ok, in the interest of knowing myself, I Googled that corn starch substitution.
Basically, cut the amount in half, so a 1/8 cup corn starch, and mix it with some of the broth before you add it, so it doesn't make lumps. If it were me, I'd probably skip it, and just use more potatoes mashed up. 8) Hope that helps! - ThatKimberly 335.2 #452 8:26PM
Good to know... Thanks ThatKimberly! :-) - disneymomma1 320.5 #523 1:00PM