The HoJo Anaheim is the official hotel of MouseWait! Mention us when you book your room and get a discount
Remember to "Thank" quality posts.
Our new MagicPlan feature includes our all-in-one passholder blockout calendar + future hours and events. Just press on any date (currently updated through July 4) to see the schedule and add things to your MagicPlan! More info here.
Play multi-player Disneyland Trivia while you wait in line! Get the MouseWait TRIVILATOR app for FREE today!
Use MagicSearch to quickly find Attractions, Showtimes, Food, and other exclusive info! Search for individual menu items like Burger, Hot Dog, Pickle, Pellegrino, Monster Energy, Gluten Free Pasta, and more!
Check out the Bucket List and get great ideas for fun things to do at Disneyland!
Get MouseWait Florida for WDW for iPhone and Android
Use MyFEED to create your own personal MouseWait Magazine!
Go to the Best of the Day to see the best content from the Lounge, determined by YOU!
Thank you to everyone who submitted their MouseWait Story! To watch them go here
MAGIC MORNING Disneyland Park: Guests with a 3+ day ticket can choose ONE day for early entry Tues, Thu, or Sat. EXTRA MAGIC HOURS for Resort Hotel Guests: Disneyland Park, Tue, Thu, Sat. California Adventure (including Cars Land) Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun. Radiator Springs Racers is open during early entry, but Fastpasses are not available during this time. More info here.
This day in Disneyland history, September 9th, 2001: "The Country Bear Clubhouse",or "Country Bear Vacation Hoedown" originally know as "The Country Bear Jamboree" closed it's curtains forever.
Located where "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" attraction is now, The Country Bear Clubhouse was actually supposed to be part of the never-realized Disney project in the 1960's- a ski-resort in Mineral King Valley. Now part of Sequoia National Park. After Walts passing in 1966, the ski resort (which ran into environmental concerns) and the "bear show" were shelved.
Marc Davis and Al Bertino created the bear group. The Country Bear Jamboree actually first opened at WDW. It was SO successful that the imagineers immediately planned a Disneyland version. In 1972, the Indian Village was torn down to make way for Bear Country. The attraction was twice the size of the WDW's version featuring two identical theaters.
Below is a Mark Davis painting for The Country Bear Jamboree.
From 1972 to 1986, the attraction was know as The Country Bear Jamboree. In 1986, it was renamed and re-themed as a "vacation-themed show" called The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown, or otherwise known as The Country Bear Clubhouse.
Here are some of the songs you’d enjoy in "The Country Bear Jamboree" show: (Thanks Yesterland.com)
- “The Five Bear Rugs,” performed by Henry, introducing the band
- “My Woman Ain’t Pretty, but She Don’t Swear None,” performed by Liver-Lips McGrowl
- “Mama, Don’t Whip Little Buford,” performed by Henry and Wendell
- “Tears Will Be the Chaser for My Wine,” performed by Trixie
- “Pretty Little Devilish Mary,” performed by the Five Bear Rugs
- “How Long Will My Baby Be Gone?” performed by Terrence
- “All the Guys that Turn Me On Turn Me Down,” performed by the Sun Bonnets—Bunny, Bubbles, and Beulah
- “Heart, We Did All that We Could,” performed by Teddi Barra, descending on a swing from the ceiling
- “Blood on the Saddle,” performed by the unbearable Big Al
- “The Ballad of Davy Crockett,” performed by Henry, who is joined by Sammy the hat racoon
- “Blood on the Saddle,” performed again by Big Al
- “Ole Slewfoot” (“He’s big around the middle and he’s broad across the rump”), performed by almost all the other bears, trying to drown out Big Al.
- “Come Again,” performed by Henry, Sammy, Max, Buff, and Melvin.
To watch a promotional video for the attraction filmed in 1972:
When the show was changed over to the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown the songs changed too: (again, thanks Yesterland.com)
- “The Great Outdoors,” performed by Henry and the Five Bear Rugs
- “Life’s No Picnic Without You,” performed by Trixie
- “On the Road Again,” performed by Wendell
- “We Can Make It To the Top,” performed by Liver Lips McGrowl
- “California Bears,” performed by the Sun Bonnets, Gomer, Max, Buff, and Melvin
- “Two Different Worlds,” performed by Terrence with Dolores the octopus
- “Rocky Top,” performed by the Five Bear Rugs
- “Nature,” performed by Ernest
- “Singin’ In the Rain,” performed by Teddi Barra and Henry
- “Ghost Riders In the Sky,” performed by the Five Bear Rugs
- “On My Way To Your Heart,” performed by Big Al
- “Thank God I’m a Country Bear,” performed by the entire cast
To watch the full show filmed in 2001:
During its run, the Country Bear Jamboree had two spin-offs – a Christmas special and the Vacation Hoedown.
Where the Jamboree played, riders now can spot three heads of Country Bear animals inside the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride that opened in its place in 2003. Max the deer, Melvin the moose and Buff the buffalo are mounted on the wall past the Woozles. Have you seen them?
Who remembers the Country Bears? Did you have a favorite song they sang? Perhaps a memory from watching the show?
Thanks as aways for reading and watching! I'm doing my very best trying to make time to write these and homeschool at the same time. I'm sure you all know how much I love to make them for MW and I'll continue to whenever I can. Please know that I always read each and everyone of your wonderful comments. I WANT to respond to all of you, sometimes I just don't get the chance though. I hope you understand it's just because I'm super busy attempting to teach the 3rd grade. :) Love you ALL and hope you have a magical Monday! Toodles!
MouseWait COUNTDOWN for iOS is here! Countdown the days to your next Disneyland or Disney World trip with our images OR your pics! Your Countdown also displays on Apple Watch and is beautiful on iPhone 6 screens. Secure the discounted launch price for a limited time.
Disneyland unFORECAST (BETA) is here! Top MouseWaiters giving you the rundown of what's happening at the Disneyland Resort. The unFORECAST now has its own page on the web www.unFORECAST.com
unFORECAST for the week of August 31, 2015 Look for light crowds this week until Labor Day weekend begins on Friday. Disneyland and California Adventure will close early for the second week in a row (DL 9pm, DCA 8pm). Looking back at MouseWait's Historical Crowd Index (available in our new MagicPlan iOS Calendar), this week last year averaged in the high 50s (approx 60% capacity) -- that means it was a very slow week. Even Labor Day last year (which fell on the 1st) averaged in the mid 70s, which is light for a holiday. Now that most schools are back in session, we should see lighter crowds at the Parks until Halloweentime begins! To get a real-time look at crowd levels, check the MouseWait App for Crowd Index averages and wait times. Have a great week! - Admin Aug 31, 2015 9:23PM
Credits Hall of Fame. This real-time list honors the top Credits purchasers by showing the total number of Credits purchased. These MouseWaiters play an integral part in helping us maintain and innovate. Thank you to everyone who buys Credits in the MW iOS app, TRIVILATOR, and Goat Effect!
Get 100 Credits for staying at the Hojo Anaheim! Just fill out this form and we'll get the Credits added to your account. When you stay at the Hojo, you help us continue to improve MouseWait. Call their in house reservation number and remember to mention MouseWait--you will love everything about the Hojo!
MONTHLY WAIT TIME LEADERS REAL-TIME: Thank you to everyone who enters accurate wait times--you earn MouseRank Points, Credits, worldwide fame, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams when you enter wait times at the Park (ok maybe not the last two things). Please remember to ONLY enter wait times that you have verified in person, this improves our algorithm substantially, thanks!
DISCOUNTED DISNEYLAND TICKETS THROUGH MOUSEWAIT! You get 2% off select tickets if you purchase on this page and use the code MOUSEWAIT at checkout. A percentage of your total purchase comes back to MouseWait, which helps cover our monthly maintenance and development expenses! You will also get 100 Credits if you email us your receipt along with your username!
Easily manage the social side of MouseWait for Disneyland and Disney World with our new mousetopia app for iOS. Post to the DL or WDW side, use your Stickers, and utilize our new MouseWait Messenger. Optimized for iOS 8 and the iPhone 6! See what's new here.
TOP 5 THINGS to do this week at the Disneyland Resort:
1. Watch the new "Paint the Night" parade 8:50 and 11pm nightly.
2. Watch the new "Disneyland Forever" Fireworks show at 9:30pm nightly.
3. See the new "World of Color" 9pm and 10:15pm nightly.
4. Try to find a "Made with Magic" wand or paintbrush which allow you to interact with select Disney experiences and merchandise.
5. Look for the Word of the Day displayed outside of the theme park entrances (or in the MouseWait Lounge) and text the word between 7am and 10:59am Pacific to the shortcode listed on the sign. You must be at the Disneyland Resort to enter. If you win, you will be notified around 11am via text or phone. For more info go here.
And don't forget about Food! Check out our real-time Food blog to see what's new at the Resort. POST YOUR IDEAS BELOW and they could make the weekly top 5!