Follow MouseWait on Instagram! Just do a search for MouseWait.
The HoJo Anaheim is the official hotel of MouseWait! Mention us when you book your room and get a discount
MAGIC MORNING Disneyland Park: Guests with a 3+ day ticket can choose ONE day for early entry Tues, Thu, or Sat. EXTRA MAGIC HOURS for Resort Hotel Guests: Disneyland Park, Tue, Thu, Sat. California Adventure (including Cars Land) Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun. Radiator Springs Racers is open during early entry, but Fastpasses are not available during this time. More info here.
Use MagicSearch to quickly find Attractions, Showtimes, Food, and other exclusive info! Search for individual menu items like Burger, Hot Dog, Pickle, Pellegrino, Monster Energy, Gluten Free Pasta, and more!
Get the Best Posts of the Day emailed to you each morning! Go to the Best of the Day page and click on the link towards the top to subscribe.
Thank you to everyone who submitted their MouseWait Story! To watch them go here
Remember to "Thank" quality posts.
Get MouseWait Florida for WDW for iPhone and Android
Get Deadliest Cast MemberSEASON ONE at a discounted price! JOIN THE ADVENTURE
Check out the Bucket List and get great ideas for fun things to do at Disneyland!
This day in Disneyland history, September 9th, 2001: "The Country Bear Clubhouse",or "Country Bear Vacation Hoedown" originally know as "The Country Bear Jamboree" closed it's curtains forever.
Located where "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" attraction is now, The Country Bear Clubhouse was actually supposed to be part of the never-realized Disney project in the 1960's- a ski-resort in Mineral King Valley. Now part of Sequoia National Park. After Walts passing in 1966, the ski resort (which ran into environmental concerns) and the "bear show" were shelved.
Marc Davis and Al Bertino created the bear group. The Country Bear Jamboree actually first opened at WDW. It was SO successful that the imagineers immediately planned a Disneyland version. In 1972, the Indian Village was torn down to make way for Bear Country. The attraction was twice the size of the WDW's version featuring two identical theaters.
Below is a Mark Davis painting for The Country Bear Jamboree.
From 1972 to 1986, the attraction was know as The Country Bear Jamboree. In 1986, it was renamed and re-themed as a "vacation-themed show" called The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown, or otherwise known as The Country Bear Clubhouse.
Here are some of the songs you’d enjoy in "The Country Bear Jamboree" show: (Thanks Yesterland.com)
- “The Five Bear Rugs,” performed by Henry, introducing the band
- “My Woman Ain’t Pretty, but She Don’t Swear None,” performed by Liver-Lips McGrowl
- “Mama, Don’t Whip Little Buford,” performed by Henry and Wendell
- “Tears Will Be the Chaser for My Wine,” performed by Trixie
- “Pretty Little Devilish Mary,” performed by the Five Bear Rugs
- “How Long Will My Baby Be Gone?” performed by Terrence
- “All the Guys that Turn Me On Turn Me Down,” performed by the Sun Bonnets—Bunny, Bubbles, and Beulah
- “Heart, We Did All that We Could,” performed by Teddi Barra, descending on a swing from the ceiling
- “Blood on the Saddle,” performed by the unbearable Big Al
- “The Ballad of Davy Crockett,” performed by Henry, who is joined by Sammy the hat racoon
- “Blood on the Saddle,” performed again by Big Al
- “Ole Slewfoot” (“He’s big around the middle and he’s broad across the rump”), performed by almost all the other bears, trying to drown out Big Al.
- “Come Again,” performed by Henry, Sammy, Max, Buff, and Melvin.
To watch a promotional video for the attraction filmed in 1972:
When the show was changed over to the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown the songs changed too: (again, thanks Yesterland.com)
- “The Great Outdoors,” performed by Henry and the Five Bear Rugs
- “Life’s No Picnic Without You,” performed by Trixie
- “On the Road Again,” performed by Wendell
- “We Can Make It To the Top,” performed by Liver Lips McGrowl
- “California Bears,” performed by the Sun Bonnets, Gomer, Max, Buff, and Melvin
- “Two Different Worlds,” performed by Terrence with Dolores the octopus
- “Rocky Top,” performed by the Five Bear Rugs
- “Nature,” performed by Ernest
- “Singin’ In the Rain,” performed by Teddi Barra and Henry
- “Ghost Riders In the Sky,” performed by the Five Bear Rugs
- “On My Way To Your Heart,” performed by Big Al
- “Thank God I’m a Country Bear,” performed by the entire cast
To watch the full show filmed in 2001:
During its run, the Country Bear Jamboree had two spin-offs – a Christmas special and the Vacation Hoedown.
Where the Jamboree played, riders now can spot three heads of Country Bear animals inside the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride that opened in its place in 2003. Max the deer, Melvin the moose and Buff the buffalo are mounted on the wall past the Woozles. Have you seen them?
Who remembers the Country Bears? Did you have a favorite song they sang? Perhaps a memory from watching the show?
Thanks as aways for reading and watching! I'm doing my very best trying to make time to write these and homeschool at the same time. I'm sure you all know how much I love to make them for MW and I'll continue to whenever I can. Please know that I always read each and everyone of your wonderful comments. I WANT to respond to all of you, sometimes I just don't get the chance though. I hope you understand it's just because I'm super busy attempting to teach the 3rd grade. :) Love you ALL and hope you have a magical Monday! Toodles!
La Brea Bakery is the Official Restaurant of MouseWait! Thank you for supporting our partners. Join us Tuesdays 8pm at La Brea for Sticker Night. La Brea offers MouseWaiters a 15% discount during official MouseWait Meetups (Sticker Nights every Tuesday night, and other meetups that we announce in the Lounge).
Get 100 Credits for staying at the Hojo Anaheim! Just fill out this form and we'll get the Credits added to your account. When you stay at the Hojo, you help us continue to improve MouseWait. Call their in house reservation number and remember to mention MouseWait--you will love everything about the Hojo!
Disneyland unFORECAST (BETA) is here! Top MouseWaiters giving you the rundown of what's happening at the Disneyland Resort. The unFORECAST now has its own page on the web www.unFORECAST.com
Holiday Tips at the Disneyland Resort:
1. Check out Olaf's Snow Fest and Freeze The Night in Hollywood Land (California Adventure). Frozen Fun officially opens on Jan 7. 2. Expect BIG crowds this week. Disneyland will probably reach capacity. 3. Check out Olaf's Ice Skating Rink in the Downtown Disney Winter Village if you're blocked out. 4. Watch the Christmas Fantasy Parade from the Plaza Inn patio. 5. Check out the Jingle Jangle Jamboree at Big Thunder Ranch. It closes at 5:30pm 6. Viva Navidad, a festive celebration of lively Latino traditions, takes place in California Adventure through Jan 6.
GOAT EFFECT is finally here for iOS! #SaveTheGoat by knocking the dynamite out of his mouth and see how high you can run your score up! Press on your High Score on the main page to see where you rank in Game Center. Have fun!
Credits Hall of Fame. This real-time list honors the top Credits purchasers by showing the total number of Credits purchased. These MouseWaiters play an integral part in helping us maintain and innovate. Thank you to everyone who buys Credits in the MW iOS app, TRIVILATOR, and MagicRace!
MONTHLY WAIT TIME LEADERS REAL-TIME: Thank you to everyone who enters accurate wait times--you earn MouseRank Points, Credits, worldwide fame, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams when you enter wait times at the Park (ok maybe not the last two things). Please remember to ONLY enter wait times that you have verified in person, this improves our algorithm substantially, thanks!
DISCOUNTED DISNEYLAND TICKETS THROUGH MOUSEWAIT! You get 2% off select tickets if you purchase on this page and use the code MOUSEWAIT at checkout. A percentage of your total purchase comes back to MouseWait, which helps cover our monthly maintenance and development expenses! You will also get 100 Credits if you email us your receipt along with your username!
The Season Two cover is revealed through an epic trailer--a tribute to Walt Disney. Check it out below and go here to get more info on MouseWait's hit series Deadliest Cast Member. Follow us on Facebook here.