|Wednesday January 28 2015|
|Disneyland Park (Crowd Index 55):||9:00AM to 6:00PM|
|Disney California Adventure (Crowd Index 77):||9:00AM to 10:00PM|
|Deluxe:Valid SoCal:Valid SoCal Select:Valid|
|Closed for refurbishment: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough,Disneyland Railroad - Mickey's Toontown,Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes,Splash Mountain,"it's a small world",The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh,Disneyland Railroad - Main Street, U.S.A.,Disneyland Railroad - New Orleans Square,Matterhorn Bobsleds,Disneyland Railroad - Tomorrowland,Captain EO,The Briar Patch,Professor Barnaby Owl's Photographic Art Studio,Enchanted Chamber,Pooh Corner,La Mascarade d'Orleans,Hungry Bear Restaurant|
New Year's Eve 2014 at the Disneyland Resort!!
Park Hours: Disneyland Park (8:00am-2:00am January 1, 2015); Disney California Adventure Park (8:00am-1:00am January, 1, 2015).
Countdown and Party locations:
- Sleeping Beauty Castle (9:00pm-12:30am)
- Tomorrowland Terrace (9:00pm- 2:00am)
- “it’s a small world” Mall (7:00pm-2:00am)
- Hollywood Backlot (7:00pm-12:30am)
- World of Color- Paradise Pier (countdown prior to 12:05am show)
- “Believe in Holiday Magic” Fireworks- 9:00pm
- Fantasmic!- 8:30pm, 10:30pm and 11:45pm (FP required for first 2 shows)
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade- 2:00pm and 4:45pm (traditional parade route)
- Swingtown with Stompy Jones at Fantasy Faire (7:45pm-12:30am)
- Pianist at French Market (7:00pm-12:30am)
- Suburban Legends at Tomorrowland Terrace (7pm-10pm)
Disney California Adventure Park:
- World of Color Winter Dreams- 8:45pm, 10:15pm, 12:05am
- Pixar Play Parade- 2:30pm (Paradise Pier to ToT), 5:15pm (ToT to Paradise Pier)
- Live band at Tower of Terror (8:30pm-1:00am)
- Live band at Sonoma Terrace (8:30pm-1:00am)
- Live band at Carthay Circle (8:30pm-12:45am)
- Live band at Flo’s V8 Cars Land (8:30pm-12:45am)
Hats and Horns Distribution:
Disneyland Park- Jingle Jangle Jamboree starting at 6:00pm (while supplies last)
Disney California Adventure Park- Tower of Terror and Paradise Pier (starting at 9:15pm)
Tip: After the Midnight Countdown, expect heavy crowds in Downtown Disney. I would highly suggest walking back to the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure (just follow the sidewalk behind Wetzel’s Pretzels). Also, Downtown Disney will charge at $20 flat rate at 5:00pm upon entry. Guests with validated parking from participating restaurants or at AMC Theaters will be refunded their fee at the valet booth or near the Walt Disney Travel Company office.
unForecast Crowd Prediction for New Year’s Eve: Like the last week or so, expect the park to hit capacity around early afternoon. Traditionally, a lot of the crowd will leave after “Believe in Holiday Magic” fireworks, around 9:45pm, but Main Street will fill up even more with guests waiting for the midnight countdown. If you’re not a fan of crowds but still want to be in the parks for the Countdown, I would suggest going to over to the smaller Countdown locations, like Tomorrowland Terrace or World of Color, as the Castle and Main Street is the most popular spot. Now Disneyland Park closes at 2am and if you want to stay, take advantage of that because a lot of guests leave right after the Countdown and the park clears out around 1:00am. In conclusion, expect CIs to be in the 90s for both parks.
Stay safe and Happy New Year!